After getting into college, one of the first things I did was check the school calendar. What I quickly found was that spring break happened to be in early March rather than early April, which is what I had been accustomed to.
While many students first think of flying south for spring break to destinations such as Mexico or the Dominican Republic, I knew I wanted to take the opportunity to ski during an early spring break.
Skiing in Zermatt, Switzerland has always been a bucket list trip for me, so I knew that this was the best possible time to make it happen. This trip report includes the following articles about my trip to Switzerland:
- Lounge Review: United Polaris Lounge IAD
- Flight Review: TAP Air Portugal Long Haul Business Class Flight IAD-LIS
- Flight Review: TAP Air Portugal Intra-Europe Business Class Flight LIS-ZRH
- Hotel Review: Moxy Bern Expo
- The Trains of Switzerland: My Thoughts
- Hotel Review: Schweizerhof Zermatt
- Skiing Zermatt in March: My Thoughts
- Going to Italy for Lunch
- Hotel Review: Sheraton Zurich
- Flight Review: United Polaris Business Class ZRH-IAD
For this trip, and the shorter nature of it, I knew I wanted to try to fly business class to try to minimize jet lag. Given that it was only going to be me and my mother, I knew it would be easier to find award availability but still not that easy given that we had strict dates.
Further, I wanted to avoid the out-of-pocket costs, so airlines with high fuel surcharges were out of the question. In the end, I was happy to fly business class round trip to Europe for under $80! Also, I finally got to try out United Polaris, which has been on my bucket list for some time.
I look forward to sharing my experiences over the upcoming articles. Let me know if there is anything in particular that I should cover in the comments below!
Leave a Reply